Job Reference: RP/CR/CORO102
Job Title: Coroner's Officer
Location: Pan-London:Courts are located in Barnet,, Fulham, Southwark, and St Pancras (Job Holder needs to be able to work at one or more of the above locations.)
Duration: 6 months initially
Pay Rate: £18.72 PAYE per hour
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of Coroner's Officers to work for a client in Greater London on a temporary contract basis.
- Understanding of delivering public services in a busy, public facing environment in a caring and empathetic manner- Essential
- Knowledge of either death investigation, either police, hospital or coroner.
- Knowledge of Coroners & Justice Act.
- Proven an experience gained in an investigatory position.
- Ability to interact and communicate with bereaved people
- Experience of working in a legal or police or health environment.
- Experience of using the full range of Microsoft Office products.
- Planning and prioritising own workloads to achieve tasks within a tight deadline.
- Receive death reports, make further enquiries where necessary.
- To present to the coroner the information on cases for decisions.
- Disclose statements and reports as directed
- To support the coroner in ordering autopsies, liaising over release of bodies to funeral directors.
- Prepare cases for inquest
- To meet bereaved families and interested persons where necessary
- Support the coroner in court from time to time
- To liaise with organisations working on other investigations.
- Provide information on cases for the manager, the coroner and with reporting to the Ministry of Justice
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are acting as an Employment Business for temporary or contrct roles and as an Employment Agency for pemanent opportunities.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are an equal opportuntinity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, race or religion.