Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of x1 Specialist Investigator to work for Thames Valley Police on a temporary contract basis.
Co-ordinate and support major/ sensitive investigations, gathering evidence and intelligence in support of investigative strategy.
Key Responsibilities - Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- Working in collaboration with key partner agencies tasked with the investigation of matters impacting on national security/serious & organised crime or CSE, assist with investigations in accordance with legislation and good practice, e.g. evidence collection and preparation.
- Provide support to the DS tasked with investigating any reactive or intelligence led operational activity, such as the review of digital storage media.
- Update and complete investigative actions as allocated through relevant systems, ensuring best evidence is achieved in accordance with the aims of the investigative strategy and relevant operating procedures.
- Attend briefings to participate in and where appropriate update the investigation team, identifying pertinent information and bringing this to the attention of the management team as appropriate, urgently if required.
- Prepare written reports summarising lines of enquiry, evidence and other investigative tasks.
- Conduct necessary administration including creating and maintaining documentation in support of investigative functions.
- Collect intelligence relating to investigations and record this on systems for dissemination, to assist in developing ongoing investigations across the south east region.
- Proven ability to carry out evidential and intelligence enquiries as part of a team. E
- Recently trained, experienced and effective investigator. E
- Proven ability to recognise sensitive information and maintain discretion and
- Self-motivated with flexible approach in terms of working times and able to cope with
pressure, using initiative to solve problems. E
- Proven ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all
levels. Articulate, methodical, conscientious and concise. E
- Effective working knowledge and experience of Criminal law and Criminal Justice
procedures, Disclosure and CPIA. E
- Experienced in the preparation RIPA applications and liaison with other connected
- Effective working knowledge and experience of complex serious or series crime. D
- Experience in preparation of written reports and investigative documents within
particular fields and coordination of their execution. D
- Effective working knowledge and experience of The Sexual Offences Act 2003 and
other offences and amendments. E
- Effective working knowledge and experience of complex serious or child abuse/exploitation crime. E
Pay Rate: £16.29 per hour PAYE/£20.17 per hour UMBRELLA
Location: Newbury Police Station
Contract Length: 6 months initially
There is also a shift pattern for this role which can be sent over to any candidates interested.
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles