Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of x2 Dashcam Investigations Officers to work for Lancashire Constabulary on a temporary contract basis.
To manage and participate in assessment of video submissions via members of the public predominantly dealing with allegations of road traffic incidents. To ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner. To prepare prosecution files to a high standard to enable Court Presentation Officers and the Crown Prosecution Service to present evidence in a professional manner to secure convictions for matters proceeding to court. To interview suspects and provide support and assistance to other investigations as required by supervision.
Key Responsibilities - Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
- To conduct investigations into allegations of driving offences submitted by the public in digital format, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case.
- To provide feedback to victims and witnesses to promote road safety and ensure high quality of submissions.
- To interview victims and witnesses and obtain statements if further evidence is required.
- To prepare prosecution files to a high standard making full reference to contents of public submitted evidence.
- Compile comprehensive reports.
- To use internal IT systems to research and maintain records regarding individuals and investigations.
- To present evidence to CPS and at court
- PIP level 1 or Level 2 accredited
- Experienced in Road Policing legislation and submission of prosecution files relating to Road Traffic Offences.
- Experience of maintaining & interrogating computerised systems and manual filing systems
- Experience of dealing with members of the public
- Experience of working effectively and efficiently as part of a team, and working with minimal supervision
- Experience of using police databases to research and record information. - Desirable
- Experience of gathering critical evidence by interviewing victims, significant witnesses and suspects - Desirable
- Knowledge of intelligence gathering procedure and policies
- Experience and knowledge of the Criminal Justice System relating to the PACE Act, including searching premises, handling exhibits, interviewing suspects, and CPIA 1996, relating to disclosure- Desirable
Pay Rate: £10.73 per hour PAYE/£12.03 per hour UMBRELLA or £13.48 per hour PAYE/£15.11 per hour UMBRELLA (rates will be dependant on the applicant's experience/qualifications)
Contract Length: 3 months initially
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles