Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of x4 Investigations Administrative Support Officers to work for Dorset Police on a temporary contract basis.
To provide a clerical and administrative support function to Bournemouth Campus Police and County CID/Volume Crime Team ensuring all administrative requirements of the departments are managed efficiently and effectively, enabling investigators to focus on their primary roles in relation to the management of criminal investigations
Key Responsibilities - Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- Review and redaction of digital media (CCTV/BWV) under the direction of the OIC using a range of software applications in accordance with the Attorney Generals Guidelines (AGG), Directors Guidance (DG) and National File Standards (NFS). This requirement would apply to both evidential and unused material ensuring that all such material can be supplied to the CPS in a timely fashion.
- Provide support and assistance to investigators in relation to the preparation of digital files and onward sharing of multimedia evidential and unused material. Collate material from a wide range of sources into the appropriate file format and naming convention, using a range of software applications.
- Review and redaction of documentary material whether stored digitally or in paper format under the direction of the OIC and in accordance with AGG/DG and NFS in order that it may be supplied to the CPS in a timely manner.
- Assist with the daily function of the CID/VCT office during live investigations or incidents, particularly message receipt and accurate recording of information from members of the public, police personnel and other third-party organisations. Sharing the received information with the OIC in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide a professional and customer focused point of contact in relation to all enquiries and visits into the VCT and CID department, ensuring messages are taken and onward shared with relevant colleagues as appropriate.
- Manage and order stationery and other miscellaneous items. Monitor stock levels to ensure availability of all relevant items are maintained.
- Assist investigators where needed with all file submission processes to the CPS and CPSD engaging with CJU and other relevant departments including Digital Video Unit (DVU) and Crime Scene Investigations (CSI) where necessary utilising the NICHE tasking as required
- Scan and resize documents, produce duplicate copies of documents and exhibits, ensuring accurate, detailed reproductions following recognised procedures for exhibit handling.
- Qualifications that evidence a good level of education including literacy and numeracy, or relevant experience.
- Ability to type and capture information, quickly and accurately with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office skills.
- A tenacious, methodical and precise approach to work, paying particular attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels both in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal and professional integrity, trust and responsibility.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and produce accurate work under time pressures
- Ability to prioritise work and adjust workload to accommodate urgent tasks and deadlines.
Pay Rate: £10.08 per hour PAYE/£13.08 per hour UMBRELLA
Location: Bournemouth Police Station
Contract Length: December 2021
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles