Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of x4 Coroner's Officer to work for Metropolitan Police on a temporary contract basis.
- To case manage death reports made to the coroner and coroner's investigations and inquests.
- To implement the statutory duties of the coroner on his or her behalf
Key Responsibilities - Please note this list is not exhaustive and these may vary slightly in different jurisdictions:
- To receive death reports and as directed make further enquiries
- To present to the coroner the information on cases for decisions on management
- To inform interested persons of their rights and roles and liaise as directed
- To secure disclosure and to disclose statements and reports as directed
- To support the coroner in ordering autopsies, issuing Forms A and B to the Registrar of Deaths and liaising over release of bodies to funeral directors.
- To alert coroners where reviews or coronial decisions are needed
- To prepare cases for inquest (these may be paper case files or electronic or both)
- To engage in correspondence as directed
- To meet bereaved families and interested persons where necessary
- To usher and support the coroner in court from time to time
- To liaise with organisations conducting other investigations or assisting the coroner
- To liaise with other jurisdictions and facilitate transfers of investigations
- To assist in the provision of information on cases for the manager, the coroner and in reporting to the Ministry of Justice and Chief Coroner
- Where appropriate to follow jurisdictional policies
- To work as a team and attend meetings to support effective service delivery
- To contribute to service development
- Any other duties of a similar nature which may arise from time to time.
- Knowledge and understanding of delivering public services in a busy, public facing environment in a caring and empathetic manner- Essential
- Knowledge of at least one process of death investigation, either police, hospital or coroner - Essential
- Knowledge of Coroners & Justice Act - Desirable
- Proven and relevant experience gained in an investigatory role - Essential
- Experience of handling and communicating with bereaved people - Desirable
- Experience of working in a legal or police or health or regulatory environment - Essential
- Experience of using the full range of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint - Essential
- Experience of communicating effectively with vulnerable customers and at all levels of the organisation and in all formats - Essential
- Planning and prioritising own workloads to achieve tasks within a tight deadline, and pressurised environment, including problem solving and working independently - Essential
- Experience of responding to verbal or written correspondence where English may not be a first language - Essential
Pay Rate: £17.67 per hour PAYE/£21.93 per hour UMBRELLA
Location: Pan-London: Coroners Courts are located in Barnet, Croydon, Fulham, Southwark, Westminster, Walthamstow and St Pancras & Poplar (Job Holder may be required to work at alternative Coronial Jurisdictions to cover staff shortage if necessary.)
Contract Length: 12 months initially
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles