Job title: Housing Management Worker
Enhanced and Barred disclosure check required: Yes
Periodic Disclosure Checks Required: Yes
To provide intensive housing management support to high risk offenders referred and supported by The Probation Service, into a newly set up scheme -with the intention of providing a safe sustainable accommodation pathway for clients who are moving in directly from custody or from approved premises.
Duties and responsibilities
- Report and record all identified risks in line with MAPPA/MARAC/Public Protection risk management plans and planning.
- Update individual and property risk assessments in line with the risk assessment policy or whenever a new or increase in risk is identified.
- To actively engage in multi agency risk management planning by way of attendance or reporting to partners and lead professionals (MAPPA/MARAC/NPS/PPU)
- Develop professional relationships with a range of external agencies that supports the on-going risk management of tenants.
- Engage with Probation Service Single Points of Contact (SPOCS) to risk assess all referrals to the service and to allocate bed spaces/accommodation in line with agreed multi agency risk management plans.
- To undertake a full needs assessment for all potential and actual residents and to review and update these in line with current risk management planning for the individual.
- To complete all documentation including tenure agreements, property inventory, disclosure forms and an application for housing benefit with residents to support and sustain a successful tenancy.
- Maximise rent collection, ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained.
- Ensure that void time is minimised by taking a pro-active approach to ensure properties are let/re-let as soon as possible in line with agreed risk management plans.
- To be responsible for the management of a specified number of properties. A monthly health & safety check will ensure they are well maintained and equipped, that there are no fire or Health and safety risks and that repairs are reported through the maintenance helpdesk. All issues to be actioned and monitored to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- To ensure that properties are adequately equipped, furnished and cleaned, by organising, purchasing or working with others on practical tasks. Where required the cleaning and equipping of properties will be undertaken by the TSO.
- Respond to internal or external complaints promptly, challenging any anti-social behaviour and reporting any risks.
- Undertake all other appropriate housing management duties as directed.
- Design and deliver an effective support plan that meets tenant's needs and results in a safe sustainable accommodation pathway.
- Actively engage with tenants in issues and decisions that affect them whilst recognising and supporting effective risk management.
- Develop professional relationships with a range of external agencies that supports the on-going needs of tenants whilst recognising and supporting effective risk management.
- Develop a move-on plan for/with residents at the earliest opportunity, identifying realistic options for future appropriate housing.