Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of 2x Enhanced Record Taker to work for Devon and Cornwall Police on a temporary contract basis.
The purpose of the Enhanced Record Taker is to prepare, conduct and record remote interviews of victims and witnesses. This must be delivered to an equivalent standard of the Professionalisation Investigation Programme (PIP) and in accordance with the law, PACE Code C, Force policy and with reference to the ‘Practical Guide to Interviewing 2004’.
The Enhanced Record Taker will have the ability to identify and maximise all of the available evidence from conversation with an individual and ask pertinent questions to obtain as much information as possible.
Key Responsibilities – Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- Conduct remote (not face to face) interviews of victims and witnesses.
- Record the statements of remote interviews and ensure section 9 PACE statements are legible, meet the required evidential and quality standards and comply with the CPS guidelines.
- Complete allocated enquiries to PIP standard and within required timescales.
- Provide care for victims and witnesses by identifying any Risk, Harm and Vulnerability issues assessing an appropriate response or the need for onward referral (e.g. VNA)
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to build rapport with a diverse range of individuals
- Demonstrable ability to listen, pose pertinent questions and extract relevant information
- Proven communication skills with a good standard of English language, literacy and comprehension
- A broad understanding of the Code of Practice for Victims of Crime
- Accurate keyboard skills at an appropriate speed (50 WPM) to achieve set targets.
Pay Rate: £10.95phr PAYE/ UMBRELLA TBC
Location: Camborne or Newquay
Contract Length: 3 months
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to email@example.com or click below to apply.