Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of x4 Police Staff Investigators to work for a Merseyside Police on a temporary contract basis working on Operation Toxic (Serious and Complex Crime Investigation)
Undertake the investigation of serious and complex crime in accordance with the Investigation Allocation Model supporting Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Investigations in order to increase public satisfaction and reduce the fear of crime.
Key Responsibilities – Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- To perform the role of case builder, preparing complex MG files and schedules in support of level 2 and 3 Investigations. Conduct the duties of Officer in the case, telecommunications officer, exhibits officer and disclosure as and when necessary and to review records and documentation obtained during the course of such investigations to ensure legal and procedural compliance and to identify further investigative opportunities.
- Have individual responsibility for allocated crimes and actions, multi task in different roles across a number of serious and complex investigations and manage workload without supervision identifying urgent matters in order to ensure that they are dealt with expeditiously
- Support Operational activity when suspects are arrested, including the seizure and handling of exhibits to evidential standards, interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, taking statements and other follow up enquiries.
- Support witness management including contacting and interviewing witnesses and supporting witnesses throughout the criminal justice process
- To effectively manage, recording and investigate of all Hate Crime.
- To provide specialist advice and support for all hate crime enquiries and investigations and work with partner agencies to develop strategies to prevent and reduce repeat offences and repeat victims
- Seek and exploit criminal intelligence opportunities in order to prevent and detect crime and to submit intelligence reports on suspected criminal activity as and when that intelligence becomes available
- PIP level 2 trained and accredited
- Strong investigative background
- Proven experience and knowledge of the investigative process Experience in liaising with CPS, legal representatives and other agencies involved in crime investigations.
- PEACE trained.
- Knowledge of major incident room procedures
Pay Rate: £14.36 per hour PAYE/£16.96 per hour UMBRELLA
Contract Length: 3 months initially
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles