Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of a number of Police Staff Investigators to work for Warwickshire and West Mercia Police on a fixed term contract basis as part of the as part of their ongoing Operation Lincoln.
Applications are sought from experienced PIP 2 qualified Police Staff Investigator (PSIs) to work on Operation Lincoln – the investigation into the standards of maternity care within Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust.
Please note this vacancy will be based at Worcester.
Key Responsibilities – Please note this list is not exhaustive:
- Investigate offences of crime, and to actively participate in a wide range of evidence gathering and crime investigation tasks. Exercising designated Investigating Officer powers
- To interview and record the evidence of victims of crime and witnesses to crime, in statement form or by an ABE interview as appropriate. In some cases this will need to be supported by the gathering of appropriate medical and forensic evidence
- To act as liaison officer for victims and witness of crime, and where appropriate support them through the criminal justice process. This will include providing regular and ad hoc updates on investigations to victims of crime as appropriate.
- To formally interview suspects in a manner that is compliant with PACE and other legislation
- To seek and exploit criminal intelligence opportunities in order to prevent and detect crime, and to submit intelligence reports on suspected criminal activity as and when that intelligence becomes available
- To be familiar with the basic set up and operation of a Major Incident Room (MIR), and to contribute to such an MIR on an ad hoc basis. To execute any action generated by a detective sergeant or senior investigating officer from an MIR that is commensurate with the role.
- Previous Detective experience is essential.
- PIP Level 2 or equivalent.
- Substantial experience at an equivalent level in a serious and/or complex crime investigation role.
Pay Rate: £26,865pa (Pro-Rata)
Contract Length: 6 months (Fixed Term Contract)
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles