Reference: PD/FTC/14101 Location: London
Servoca Resourcing Solutions are in search of an Intelligence Officer to work for one of our private clients on a fixed term/permanent basis.
The Intelligence Officer (IO) is the first recipient of risk information in to the Regulatory Intelligence Unit (RIU) and is responsible for identifying regulatory risk within this information. The IO conducts an assessment of regulatory risk such as whistleblowing concerns and make decisions on escalating this accordingly within the organisation and to external stakeholders where required.
- Respond to and manage information and intelligence from a variety of sources externally, such as system and professional regulators, and internally including fitness to practise, education, registration, revalidation, safeguarding and whistleblowing data.
- Undertake research and analysis at strategic and operational levels, linking information and intelligence to identify patterns and trends and to identify risks and concerns for directorates and teams.
- Undertake an initial assessment of CQC reports and gather other pertinent information to inform whether attendance is required at an external event and rationale for deploying resources accordingly.
- Be the first point of contact for incoming calls into RIU and ELS building constructive relationships with senior employers of nurses and midwives and offering the highest levels of customer service.
- Prepare monthly intelligence reports for external partners, such as other healthcare regulators. This includes preparation of pre-inspection reports for the Care Quality Commission and responses to the safeguarding agencies.
- Raise requisitions and GRNs (Goods Received Notes) in accordance with the NMC order processing system and procedure, checking for completeness and errors, and take responsibility for authorising expenditure.
- Experience of working as an Intelligence Officer ideally within the regulatory or enforcement environment.
- Proven experience of working with the principles of intelligence and risk models such as the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and the ability to have a strategic approach to the NIM.
- Proven experience of the development and production of effective and efficient intelligence and risk research products
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft products in particular advanced Excel skills as there is a need to be able to manipulate data/intelligence effectively using these programs
- Specifically skilled in research as opposed to analytics - there is a requirement to identify risks quickly and efficiently relating to the regulatory objective as they will be the first point of call within the RIU.
- Excellent writing skills - there will be a requirement for the ideal applicant to be able to prepare intelligence briefings to be presented to senior staff/stakeholders.
- As there is little guidance on home working contracts the candidate will need to be a commutable distance to London and able to be in the office up to 2 days per week.
Location: East London, Stratford
Salary: £28,823 -£33,909 per Annum
Contract Length - 12 months fixed term
If you are interested in the role please send through an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to apply.
Servoca Resourcing Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and specialise in police recruitment skills related roles.